Assignment 3: The Value of Fair Treatment in the Workplace
Due Week 10 and worth 245 points
You have been hired as a management consultant by a large company to examine the business decisions of the company in regard to employee protections. The laws applicable are federal antidiscrimination laws, federal health and safety laws, state laws and employer firing practices related to the employment-at-will doctrine.
In relation to the questions below, write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
1. Analyze, identify, and explain recent legislation that helps to protect employees from discrimination in the workplace. Provide at least two recent federal legislative protections/laws. Provide some insight when the federal legislation conflicts with the state. (Please note, the Title VII of the Civil Rights Act is not an acceptable example for this question)
2. Explain the Employment-at-Will (EAW) Doctrine and ALL possible exceptions to the doctrine. Look at the scenarios below and determine, pursuant to the law, whether the decision to fire the employee is a smart one. Identify why or why not and determine all the possible exceptions per the EAW doctrine that are, might be, or could be applicable if the employee sues for wrongful termination.
Be sure to identify the law and explain it. Then, apply the law and answer the question. (All employees below are employees-at-will).
· Peter, a department supervisor, requests approval to fire Robert, his secretary. Robert is a devout Buddhist and was putting out Buddhist literature in the employee break room. Robert was also taking a lot of time to meditate in the workplace during some of the busiest times of day. Peter wants to fire Robert. If fired, can Robert sue for wrongful termination and prevail?
· Lori, a manager, started a blog on the company website for the company softball league. She noticed a worker, Seth, was protesting that employees were not getting paid enough and that benefits were costly. Lori reprimanded Seth and the next day, Seth posted a sign-up sheet on the blog to start a union. Lori fired Seth a week later when he failed to show to work one day. Can Seth sue for wrongful termination and prevail?
· Lori, head of Accounting, refused to sign Brian’s parental leave request. Brian is seeking 12 weeks of paid leave to care for his newborn son and wants to take this time during the most busy time – tax season. Can Brian sue for wrongful termination and prevail?
· Jackson has worked for the company for 10 years. He is a researcher and has a rare form of liver disease. The chemicals he works with make his condition worse but, he does not want to stop working. Jackson’s health is failing and, it effects his work. His boss, Jerry, is not happy with his performance and, when Jackson failed to show results from his research, fired him. Can Jackson sue for wrongful termination and prevail?
3. Determine the law in regard to undocumented workers and whether they are eligible for state workers’ compensation in the United States. Advocate for or against this practice and substantiate your response with research to support your position. How does the state law conflict with federal immigration law? Support your response.
4. Use the textbook and the Strayer University Library to locate at least two other quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other websites do not qualify as academic resources. The textbook for this class is a required source for this assignment.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). Paper requires a cover page and a reference page. Strayer Writing Standards is different than APA and other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details and comply with this requirement.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is as follows:
Evaluate law relative to workplace discrimination, employment at will, state workers’ compensation eligibility and the Supremacy Clause.
Why you should choose our essay writing company
Utahwriter is an essay writing company that provides students with the help they need to be successful in their academics. With a skilled team of writers, Utahwriter.com can provide you with top-quality content for any type of paper. We are so confident that our work will meet your needs, we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all orders! If you're looking to get high grades and succeed in school, then don't hesitate to contact us today AND GET;
Amazing deals on our essay writing services
We know you're busy with school and other activities, so we want to make it easier for you by providing amazing deals on the essays that you need. We offer a wide range of discounts depending on how much work is required from us. Don't miss out on this opportunity to get some great grades - contact us today
Perfect papers every time
We are the best essay writing company because we ensure that every paper you receive is 100% original and free of any plagiarism. We have a strict anti-plagiarism policy to maintain our high standards, so rest assured knowing that your content will be unique when you order from Utahwriter.com!
24/7 client support
Our clients come first! That's why we have a 24/7 customer support system in place. We know that you may need some help during the academic process, so if you have any questions or concerns about your order - don't hesitate to ask! Whether it be by email, phone call, live chat with one of our representatives today.
Try it now!
How it works?
Place your order
You can order an essay with us by filling out our quick and easy order form.
Proceed with the payment
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering. All work goes through three levels of quality assurance before being sent back to you for review.
Receive the final file
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!
Benefits of getting that essay from us!
Our well written essays are what professors and tutors are looking for. Our writers are experienced and they know what is expected in every essay. We guarantee you that high score in every essay.
100% original content
We are the best essay writing company because we ensure that every paper you receive is 100% original and free of any plagiarism. We have a strict anti-plagiarism policy to maintain our high standards, so rest assured knowing that your content will be unique when you order from Utahwriter.com
Money back guarantee
We know that you might be worried about the quality of our work, but don't worry! We offer a 100% money back guarantee on all orders. If for any reason you are unsatisfied with anything relating to your order - please contact us within 14 days and we will provide a full refund no questions asked. .
Professional writers only work on your essays!
Our essay writers are not only experienced, but they also have degrees in their field of study. Our experts will write you a custom paper that is tailored to your needs and expectations!
We know how busy students can be with schoolwork and extra-curricular activities. That's why we work 24/7 so you can get your paper done on time no matter how short of a deadline you have!
Quick response to any questions or concerns
Our writers are professionals and they know that it is important to keep the client updated with every step of their order. We offer quick responses along with all the information you need to know about your essay.