Data Analysis and Application Template.
Data Analysis Plan
Insert text here.
Insert text here.
Results & Interpretation
Insert text here.
Insert text here.
Insert text here.
· Complete a data analysis report to analyze correlation for assigned variables.
Exploring the associations between some variables in the courseroom using correlations might provide some important information about learner success. You’ll need to pay attention to both magnitude, which is the strength of the association, and directionality, which is the direction (positive or negative) of the association. During this assessment, you’ll start learning about how to best approach correlational analyses like these and start getting some answers. You’ll explore the relationships that may or may not exist in your courseroom data.
In this assessment, you’ll get a chance to run and interpret your first inferential statistics analysis: correlations. Your readings and the Course Study Guide will help you in your efforts.
For this assessment, you will use the Data Analysis and Application template (
DAA Template [DOCX]
· For help with statistical software, refer to the
JASP Step-by-Step: Correlations [PDF]
JASP Speedrun: Correlations [Video]
for a brief tutorial video on this assessment.
· Refer to the
7864 Course Study Guide [PDF]
for information on analyses and interpretation.
· For information on the data set, refer to the
7864 Data Set Instructions [PDF]
grades.jasp file is a sample data set. The data represent a teacher’s recording of student demographics and performance on quizzes and a final exam across three sections of the course.
This assessment is on correlations. You will analyze the following variables in the
grades.jasp data set:
Quiz 1: number of correct answers
Previous grade point average
Total number of points earned in class
Final exam: number of correct answers
Variables and Definitions
DAA Template [DOCX]
has five sections:
· Data Analysis Plan.
· Testing Assumptions.
· Results & Interpretation.
· Statistical Conclusions.
Step 1: Write Section 1 of the DAA: Data Analysis Plan
· Name the four variables used in this analysis and whether they are categorical or continuous.
· State a research question, null hypothesis, and alternate hypothesis for the total-final correlation.
· State a research question, null hypothesis, and alternate hypothesis for the gpa-quiz1 correlation.
Step 2: Write Section 2 of the DAA: Testing Assumptions
Test for one of the assumptions of correlation—normality.
· Create a descriptive statistics table in the statistical software to assess normality. This table should include the four variables named above including skew and kurtosis for each variable.
· Paste the table in the DAA template.
· Interpret the skewness and kurtosis values and determine whether the assumption of normality was violated or not violated.
Step 3: Write Section 3 of the DAA: Results & Interpretation
· Using the statistical software, paste the intercorrelation matrix for the four variables into the document.
· Below the output, first report the total-final correlation including degrees of freedom, correlation coefficient, and p value. Specify whether or not to reject the null hypothesis for this correlation.
· Second, report the gpa-quiz1 correlation including degrees of freedom, correlation coefficient, and p value. Specify whether or not to reject the null hypothesis for this correlation.
Step 4: Write Section 4 of the DAA: Statistical Conclusions
· Provide a brief summary of your analysis and the conclusions drawn about correlations.
· Analyze the limitations of the statistical test and/or possible alternative explanations for your results.
Step 5: Write Section 5 of the DAA: Application
· Analyze how you might use correlations in your field of study.
· Name two variables that would work for such an analysis and why studying the relationship may be important to the field or practice.
Submit your completed DAA Template as an attached Word document in the assessment area.
The following statistical analysis software is required to complete your assessments in this course:
Refer to the
Tools and Software: JASP
page on Campus for general information. Make sure that your statistical software is downloaded, installed, and running properly on your computer.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the course competencies through the following assessment scoring guide criteria:
· Competency 1: Analyze the computation, application, strengths, and limitations of various statistical tests.
24. Analyze statistical assumptions.
· Competency 2: Analyze the decision making process of data analysis.
25. Articulate the data analysis plan.
· Competency 3: Apply knowledge of hypothesis testing.
26. Interpret statistical results and hypotheses.
· Competency 4: Interpret the results of statistical analyses.
27. Explain statistical conclusions, the limitations of the test, and/or possible alternative explanations.
· Competency 6: Apply the results of statistical analyses (your own or others) to your field of interest or career.
28. Analyze the potential applications of the test in the field and their implications.
· Competency 7: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with the expectations for members in the identified field of study.
29. Communicate in a manner that is scholarly and professional, and adheres to APA style and formatting.
1, Articulate the data analysis plan. Accurately articulates the data analysis plan. Ensures the plan is well justified, logical, and thorough.
2, Analyze statistical assumptions. Accurately analyzes and thoroughly evaluates and assesses statistical assumptions.
3, Interpret statistical results and hypotheses. Accurately interprets statistical results and hypotheses, and ensures the results are thoroughly evaluated and assessed.
4, Explain statistical conclusions, the limitations of the test, and/or possible alternative explanations. Thoroughly evaluates potential applications of the test in the field and their implications.
5, Communicate in a manner that is scholarly and professional, and adheres to APA style and formattin. Exhibits strict and nearly flawless adherence to organizational, professional, and scholarly writing standards, including APA style and formatting.
Why you should choose our essay writing company
Utahwriter is an essay writing company that provides students with the help they need to be successful in their academics. With a skilled team of writers, Utahwriter.com can provide you with top-quality content for any type of paper. We are so confident that our work will meet your needs, we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all orders! If you're looking to get high grades and succeed in school, then don't hesitate to contact us today AND GET;
Amazing deals on our essay writing services
We know you're busy with school and other activities, so we want to make it easier for you by providing amazing deals on the essays that you need. We offer a wide range of discounts depending on how much work is required from us. Don't miss out on this opportunity to get some great grades - contact us today
Perfect papers every time
We are the best essay writing company because we ensure that every paper you receive is 100% original and free of any plagiarism. We have a strict anti-plagiarism policy to maintain our high standards, so rest assured knowing that your content will be unique when you order from Utahwriter.com!
24/7 client support
Our clients come first! That's why we have a 24/7 customer support system in place. We know that you may need some help during the academic process, so if you have any questions or concerns about your order - don't hesitate to ask! Whether it be by email, phone call, live chat with one of our representatives today.
Try it now!
How it works?
Place your order
You can order an essay with us by filling out our quick and easy order form.
Proceed with the payment
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering. All work goes through three levels of quality assurance before being sent back to you for review.
Receive the final file
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!
Benefits of getting that essay from us!
Our well written essays are what professors and tutors are looking for. Our writers are experienced and they know what is expected in every essay. We guarantee you that high score in every essay.
100% original content
We are the best essay writing company because we ensure that every paper you receive is 100% original and free of any plagiarism. We have a strict anti-plagiarism policy to maintain our high standards, so rest assured knowing that your content will be unique when you order from Utahwriter.com
Money back guarantee
We know that you might be worried about the quality of our work, but don't worry! We offer a 100% money back guarantee on all orders. If for any reason you are unsatisfied with anything relating to your order - please contact us within 14 days and we will provide a full refund no questions asked. .
Professional writers only work on your essays!
Our essay writers are not only experienced, but they also have degrees in their field of study. Our experts will write you a custom paper that is tailored to your needs and expectations!
We know how busy students can be with schoolwork and extra-curricular activities. That's why we work 24/7 so you can get your paper done on time no matter how short of a deadline you have!
Quick response to any questions or concerns
Our writers are professionals and they know that it is important to keep the client updated with every step of their order. We offer quick responses along with all the information you need to know about your essay.