PRODUCTION AND OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
1. During which phase of a product’s life cycle does low unit cost become a top competitive priority?
2. Steel mills, paint factories and credit card authorization are examples of
b. Job shop
c. Flow process
d. Continuous flow
3. A process map (flow chart)
a. Is boundary-less
b. Does not include information flow
c. Is used as a baseline
d. Must include a line of customer visibility
4. A(n) ________________ is a group of ________________ needed to create and deliver an intermediate or final output.
a. Process; value chains
b. Activity; tasks
c. Task; activities
d. Activity; processes
5. Which is the correct order of hierarchy?
a. Activity, task, process, value chain
b. Value chain, process, task, activity
c. Process, value chain, activity, task
d. Value chain, process, activity, task
6. Explain why the product-process matrix does not transfer well to services.
7. Discuss both a process map (flow chart) and a process boundary. Why is each important?
8. All of the following are valid purposes for layout studies except
a. Minimize delays in materials handling and customer movement
b. Increase bottlenecks
c. Promote employee morale and customer satisfaction
d. maintain flexibility
9. A ____________ layout is an arrangement based on the sequence of operations that are performed during the manufacturing of a good or the delivery of a service.
d. Fixed position
10. ____________ is vertical expansion of job duties to give the worker more responsibility.
a. Job enlargement
b. Job rotation
c. Job enrichment
d. Job design
11. Considering ergonomics, which of the following does not fit?
a. Improving productivity
b. Group technology
c. Designing equipment and instrumentation
d. Considering physical capability of people
12. A ____________ performs entire jobs rather than specialized, assembly line work.
a. Virtual team
b. Self-managed team
c. Natural work team
d. Ergonomic team
13. ____________ set their own goals and inspects their own work, often hire their own replacements and prepare their own budgets.
a. Virtual teams
b. Enlarged teams
c. Sociotechnical teams
d. Self-managed teams
14. Discuss four reasons for conducting a facility-layout study.
15. Which of the following is a short-term capacity decision?
a. Expanding the size and number of beds in a hospital
b. Amount of warehouse space to rent for a new promotional item
c. Closing down a distribution center
d. Changing the cooking technology in a chain of fast-food restaurants
16. A measure of capacity that generally does not include adjustments for preventive maintenance or unplanned downtime is called
a. Sustainable capacity
b. Effective capacity
c. Theoretical capacity
d. Safety capacity
17. According to the Theory of Constraints, ____________ is the amount of money generated per time period through actual sales.
b. Non-Bottleneck (NBN) work activity
c. Non-physical constraint
18. Inventory that has been ordered but not yet received and is in transit is called
a. Raw materials
19. Using ABC analysis, continuous monitoring and accurate record keeping relates best to ____________ items.
d. B and C
20. Which of the following is not a key assumption underlining the classic economic order quantity model?
a. The entire order quantity arrives in the inventory at one time
b. There are only two types of relevant costs: order/setup and inventory-holding
c. Storage/warehouse capacity is a bottleneck/constraint
d. Allows no stockouts
21. Define and explain the four (4) different types of inventory costs.
22. W. Edwards Deming’s success in Japan was his ability to teach quality specialists rather than upper management? (True or False)
23. The Deming philosophy focuses on bringing about improvements in product and service quality by reducing uncertainty and variability in goods and services design and associated processes.
(True or False)
24. The quality system should clearly state the action that should be taken and what should be done with non-conforming items. (True or False)
25. All of the following are components of the GAP model except
a. The discrepancy between delighting or pleasing customers and total customer service and satisfaction
b. The discrepancy between management’s perceptions of what features constitute a target level of quality and the task of translating these perceptions into executable specifications
c. The discrepancy between quality specifications documented in operating and training manuals and plans and their implementation
d. The difference between the customer’s expectations and perceptions
26. Which of the following is not considered part of Total Quality?
a. A focus on the customers and stakeholders
b. A process focus
c. Participation and team work
d. Six Sigma
27. All of the following relate to Six Sigma except
a. Clear financial returns
b. Measures defects per unit
c. Output critical to customers
d. A stretch goal
28. Machine down time and down grading costs are examples of which type of quality cost?
29. Resources are limited, project managers try to level resource loads by shifting activities between early start dates and late start dates shifted schedules. (True or False)
30. Which of the following is incorrect regarding time/cost trade-offs?
a. The relationship between time and cost is assumed to be linear
b. Some activities cannot be crashed
c. To minimize cost, managers need not focus on the critical path(s)
d. Managers search for the minimum-cost crash schedule
31. Which statement is true regarding activities not on the critical path?
a. Usually cannot be delayed
b. Have less slack than activities on the critical path
c. Can delay a project if they are highly variable
d. Are used to crash project completion times
32. Slack does all the following except
33. Discuss the three key factors of the project-planning process.
34. Describe the four major steps in the project-planning process.
35. Explain the purpose of Gantt charts.
Why you should choose our essay writing company
Utahwriter is an essay writing company that provides students with the help they need to be successful in their academics. With a skilled team of writers, Utahwriter.com can provide you with top-quality content for any type of paper. We are so confident that our work will meet your needs, we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all orders! If you're looking to get high grades and succeed in school, then don't hesitate to contact us today AND GET;
Amazing deals on our essay writing services
We know you're busy with school and other activities, so we want to make it easier for you by providing amazing deals on the essays that you need. We offer a wide range of discounts depending on how much work is required from us. Don't miss out on this opportunity to get some great grades - contact us today
Perfect papers every time
We are the best essay writing company because we ensure that every paper you receive is 100% original and free of any plagiarism. We have a strict anti-plagiarism policy to maintain our high standards, so rest assured knowing that your content will be unique when you order from Utahwriter.com!
24/7 client support
Our clients come first! That's why we have a 24/7 customer support system in place. We know that you may need some help during the academic process, so if you have any questions or concerns about your order - don't hesitate to ask! Whether it be by email, phone call, live chat with one of our representatives today.
Try it now!
How it works?
Place your order
You can order an essay with us by filling out our quick and easy order form.
Proceed with the payment
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering. All work goes through three levels of quality assurance before being sent back to you for review.
Receive the final file
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!
Benefits of getting that essay from us!
Our well written essays are what professors and tutors are looking for. Our writers are experienced and they know what is expected in every essay. We guarantee you that high score in every essay.
100% original content
We are the best essay writing company because we ensure that every paper you receive is 100% original and free of any plagiarism. We have a strict anti-plagiarism policy to maintain our high standards, so rest assured knowing that your content will be unique when you order from Utahwriter.com
Money back guarantee
We know that you might be worried about the quality of our work, but don't worry! We offer a 100% money back guarantee on all orders. If for any reason you are unsatisfied with anything relating to your order - please contact us within 14 days and we will provide a full refund no questions asked. .
Professional writers only work on your essays!
Our essay writers are not only experienced, but they also have degrees in their field of study. Our experts will write you a custom paper that is tailored to your needs and expectations!
We know how busy students can be with schoolwork and extra-curricular activities. That's why we work 24/7 so you can get your paper done on time no matter how short of a deadline you have!
Quick response to any questions or concerns
Our writers are professionals and they know that it is important to keep the client updated with every step of their order. We offer quick responses along with all the information you need to know about your essay.